Saturday, August 25, 2007

Welcome!

Hi everyone! Welcome to my new digital scrapbooking blog! I still have a lot of work to do to make it pretty, but I thought I'd at least get it started.

My name is Liz and I made the switch from paper to digital in November of 2006. 5 years ago, I was strongly AGAINST digital because I had so much vested in the paper world and couldn't bear the thought of parting with all my rubber stamps. I even had my own handmade greeting card business, which took me away from my first love of scrapbooking for 3 years. I finally gave up the business and decided I wanted to start it back up again. After I had my last child in October, I was dreading starting again, because I had all my pictures on my computer and the thought of buying prints for every picture was overwhelming. The other thing that held me back was how on earth would I find the time to do all this with a new baby. Then, when he started crawling, the mess that paper scrapping makes would be inviting him to get in trouble. So I started researching digital. I asked a friend who I knew had been digital for years some tips to get started, and she pointed me in the right direction. The clincher was discovering that we already owned Photoshop 6. I found a bunch of freebies, and 2 months later, attempted my first layout. I have been amazed at how quickly I picked it up, and how much I look forward to scrapping again, instead of dreading it. I have so much fun putting pages together, and have completed 4 albums, and almost 200 pages since January.

At the beginning of this month, I took the plunge and applied for a few creative teams. I was shocked to actually get offered some positions!

I love participating in challenges, and I love being on the teams I'm on- these designers are so incredibly talented.

Thanks for stopping to check me out! I will be posting layouts, kits I like, and of course, new stuff my designers that I create for come out with.

Have a fantastic weekend!
-Liz

No comments: