Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stand Up and Scrap

Man this contest is kicking my behind! LOL! I am amazed EVERY week by the insane amount of talent that is out there! I purposely don't look at the galleries until after I've done my layout- it's just way too intimidating, and I'm having a hard time not comparing my work to others. Usually I can do that without a problem, but it's just crazy all the fantastic layouts that are out there.

I must say though, I'm so glad I'm participating. I don't expect to win by any means, but those challenges are making me really work hard and boy, they are challenges. I have never spent so much time on my layouts as I have for this contest! But, I'm soo proud of my work when it's done. When I participated in Digital's Next Top Scrapper, I felt I created some of my best work. I'm getting that this time around too. I can't wait to be able to post them in public and see who is who in the gallery- I love the whole anonymous aspect of this contest!

So, if you're in the mood for some serious inspiration, check out this week's gallery. The challenge was to associate a color to a person, feeling, etc, then scrap using that color in a monochromatic scheme.

Week 4 Intermediate Gallery

Week 4 Advanced Gallery

Enjoy!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I know what you're saying about the competition! I try to avoid the galleries somewhat even after I've posted mine. It's just discouraging! Oh well, they are good challenges!